[asterisk-users] Asterisk & Twitter - Release/Announce only 'channel' ?

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:46:14 CST 2009

Is there a digium twitter 'user' to follow that only tweets important announcements and release information?
If there is not, I think there should be.

It would be highly utilitarian to get an SMS when there is an update to Asterisk, Dahdi, ADA etc, but I don't want to be bothered real-time with asteriskpbx tweets like: "Anyone trying anything cool with Asterisk over the weekend?".

There's nothing wrong with tweets like that, but that kind of 'incidental' communication should really be in a venue of its own.  I think that if announcements and release info were made in a dedicated twitter channel, people could leverage twitter for real-time or "near-line" consumption of important information.  If many types of tweets are comingled in one account, the value of the channel is diluted by the firehose of meaningless chatter.

Have I just overlooked the appropriate digium twitter account?

-Karl