[asterisk-users] USA BRI -- any hope at all?

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Tue Jan 27 16:50:08 CST 2009

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:49:41 -0800, Michael Higgins wrote:

<snip>

It seems to me that there a lot of "it ought to work or could be made
to to work" associated with implementing US BRI into Asterisk. That
being the case what's called for is someone to try it, just to prove
the point.

Over the past year or two at least a couple of hardware vendors have
indicated a willingness to help with loan of interface hardware (Xorcom
& Pika) Perhaps a small group could take on the task of giving it a
try?

It's a pain to have a BRI provisioned from an ILEC just for sake of an
experiment. I may know someone who has functional BRI already. They're
a TV station using it to convey production audio. If they agreed would
it be possible/practical to use their BRI for a short while just to
have a quick test?

Michael
--
Michael Graves