[asterisk-users] no dial tone tdm400p

joea at j4computers.com joea at j4computers.com
Sun Jan 25 05:38:25 CST 2009

. . .
> What version of asterisk is it?

1.4.4

> What is the output of:
>
>   cat /proc/zaptel/*

Span 1: ZTDUMMY/1 "ZTDUMMY/1 (source: RTC) 1"

Span 2: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1"

           1 WCTDM/0/0 FXOKS
           2 WCTDM/0/1 FXOKS
           3 WCTDM/0/2 FXSKS
           4 WCTDM/0/3 FXSKS

(ztdummy was in the base install, I have removed that in the past, but do not recall how, will research)

>   asterisk -rx 'zap show channels'

xxx~ # asterisk -rx 'zap show channels'
No such command 'zap show' (type 'help' for help)

help does not show 'zap' at all

core show channels says
0 active channels
0active calls

>> zaptel.conf -
>>
>> defaultzone=us
>> loadzone=us
>> fxoks=1,2
>> fxsks=3,4
>>
>> zapata.conf
>>
>> [channels]
>>
>> signalling=fxo_ks
>> language=us
>> context=phones-1
>> group=0
>> ##switchtype=national
>> ##pridialplan=national
>
> Use ';' for comments. '#' are for preprocessor directives. This happens
> to also disable almost any line, but also create an annoying warning in
> the logs.

corrected

> Have you looked at the logs, BTW?

Which?  /var/log/messages show the card being detected and apparently initialized.

>> channel=1
>
> This only defines the first port . What about 2?

Was not going to use that, in this initial setup.

>> signalling=fxs_ks
>> language=us
>> context=line-1
>> group=0
>> ##switchtype=national
>> ##pridialplan=national
>> channel=4
>
> Same comments: what about 3?

same as above, but I added them, regardless.

> It is also normally kind of pointless to put both phones and POTS lines
> in the same group (group 0, in your case).

corrected.

joe a.