[asterisk-users] no dial tone tdm400p

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jan 25 01:32:25 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 06:38:58PM -0500, joea at j4computers.com wrote:
> This is, hopefully, just a case of brain fade.
>
> With zapata.conf and zaptel.conf in place, asterisk loaded, no dial
> plan and all LEDS on the card lit, I get no dial tone, plugging an
> analog phone into ports 1 or 2, only a buzz and click.

What version of asterisk is it?

What is the output of:

  cat /proc/zaptel/*
  asterisk -rx 'zap show channels'

> zaptel.conf -
>
> defaultzone=us
> loadzone=us
> fxoks=1,2
> fxsks=3,4
>
> zapata.conf
>
> [channels]
>
> signalling=fxo_ks
> language=us
> context=phones-1
> group=0
> ##switchtype=national
> ##pridialplan=national

Use ';' for comments. '#' are for preprocessor directives. This happens
to also disable almost any line, but also create an annoying warning in
the logs.

Have you looked at the logs, BTW?

> channel=1

This only defines the first port . What about 2?

> signalling=fxs_ks
> language=us
> context=line-1
> group=0
> ##switchtype=national
> ##pridialplan=national
> channel=4

Same comments: what about 3?

It is also normally kind of pointless to put both phones and POTS lines
in the same group (group 0, in your case).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com