[asterisk-users] Packet8 hacked

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Fri Jan 23 11:25:05 CST 2009

Service Alerts/Updates

1/23/2009 2:00am PST:

Due to a global DNS (name server) issue with register.com, Packet8
servers and services became unreachable for customers using certain ISPs
including AT&T, Cox, and Verizon while customers on other ISPs such as
Comcast and Level3 were impacted very briefly due to quick DNS update
recovery. As of 1:30am PST our tests show that all DNS servers of the
known impacted ISPs have been updated correctly, and Packet8 customers
on these networks should be able to reach our services. If you
experience any issue using your Packet8 service or reaching the Packet8
website, please reboot your network (by rebooting the DSL/Cable modem,
router, Packet8 phones and computers) to clear any cache information.

Unfortuately for some reason even though I rebooted my server timewarner
didn't update etc, problem fixed itself in the morning.

Regards,

Dean Collins

Cognation Inc

dean at cognation.net