[asterisk-users] No Ring on Analog Phone using Rhino ChannelBank in China

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Thu Jan 22 20:25:44 CST 2009

> There's nothing special about analogue phones in China, they are fully

> interchangable with analogue phones elsewhere... Perhaps you have a
> configuration problem, or, hardware problem on the Rhino Channel Bank,

> perhaps the ports are wired the wrong way and the phones care, perhaps
the > phones have the ringers disabled...

D, thanks for replying to my problem.
I contacted Rhino and they told me to just reconfigure the T1 line and
it appears to fix the problem.
My question is as we made zero changes to the channel bank, why do we
have to reconfigure it to get it to work?  Do you need to reconfigure it
every now and then?