[asterisk-users] registration problem using asterisk 1.6

Laurent Bonny laurent.bonny at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 09:21:12 CST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to connect an asterisk 1.6 to a trunking plate forme. With
asterisk 1.4.x I added to sip.conf a line asking for registration in the
form of:
register = XXXXXXXXX at domain.com:Password:XXXXXXXXX at domain.com<assword%3AXXXXXXXXX at domain.com>
@domain.com

Unfortunately, as you can see,  my usernames have to be of the form
XXXXXX at domain.com which means that I had to put 2 @ at the end of my line, 1
for the username and 1 for the domain.
In Asterisk 1.6 it doesn't seems to work anymore the @ being a reserved
sign, and something like this line being impossible.
Is it a bug from asterisk (as I don't see why I couldn't have a username in
this form)? Would you know of a way to register my users correctly?

Thanks for your help.
Laurent