[asterisk-users] soft ATA on linux with zaptel?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jan 21 15:19:08 CST 2009

Slightly OT, but I'm wondering if anyone here has come across a "soft
ATA".  That is, software that will perform the functions of a basic POTS
line ATA on Linux with a zaptel driven card.

I have a Linux machine with a zaptel card in it and I want to have
another Linux machine running Asterisk utilize the zaptel card in the
first Linux machine to make outgoing and receive incoming calls.

I realize I could make Asterisk do this job, but it seems pretty heavy-
weight for just that purpose -- of bridging a POTS line to a SIP (or IAX)
connection.

Ideas?

b.