[asterisk-users] No Ring on Analog Phone using Rhino Channel Bank in China

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Wed Jan 21 05:46:27 CST 2009

I am testing analog phone and fax machine plugged into Rhino Channel
Bank which is connected to TE412P card.  This site is in China.

I am running RHEL 5, Asterisk 1.4.21.2, Zaptel 1.4.11 and libpri 1.4.4

I ran into a problem which is analog phone can hear dial tone and can
make outgoing calls.  Another phone (ether internal or external) can
call the analog phone ***but the phone does not ring***.  However, if
the person knows that someone is calling him and picks up the analog
phone, he will be able to talk to the caller.

This problem does not happen in other countries which I tested before.

I have tried distinctive ring tones like [ Dial(Zap/32r5,20) ]  but they
don't seem to make the analog phone ring.
I think it has to do with the analog phone doesn't recognize the ring
voltage generated by Rhino.
Does anyone have experience with this?
Do we have to modify the output ring voltage from the channel bank to
make it work?

zaptel.conf
===========
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxols=32-55

loadzone=cn
defaultzone=cn

zapata.conf
===========
context=incoming
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=pri_cpe
channel => 1-15
channel => 17-31

signalling=fxo_ls
channel => 32-55

Asterisk Log
+===========
-- Executing [299 at incoming:1] Answer("SIP/251-086bfe48", "") in new
stack
-- Executing [299 at incoming:2] Dial("SIP/251-086bfe48", "Zap/32r5|20") in
new stack
-- Called 32r5>
-- Zap/32-1 is ringing
-- Zap/32-1 is ringing
-- Zap/32-1 is ringing
-- Zap/32-1 is ringing
-- Zap/32-1 is ringing
-- Zap/32-1 is ringing
-- Nobody picked up in 20000 ms
-- Hungup 'Zap/32-1'
-- Executing [299 at incoming:3] Hangup("SIP/251-086bfe48", "") in new
stack
== Spawn extension (incoming, 299, 3) exited non-zero on
'SIP/251-086bfe48'