[asterisk-users] Problem with TDM808

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Tue Jan 20 17:53:46 CST 2009

If your provider provides any signalling to indicate answer, such as a
polarity reversal, this could be detected easily...

; Use a polarity reversal to mark when a outgoing call is answered by the
; remote party.
;
;answeronpolarityswitch=yes

This isn't very common though... alternatively, there is the 'HIGHLY
EXPERIMENTAL' call progress detection...

; On trunk interfaces (FXS) it can be useful to attempt to follow the
progress
; of a call through RINGING, BUSY, and ANSWERING.   If turned on, call
; progress attempts to determine answer, busy, and ringing on phone lines.
; This feature is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and can easily detect false answers,
; so don't count on it being very accurate.
;
; Few zones are supported at the time of this writing, but may be selected
; with "progzone".
;
; progzone also affects the pattern used for buzydetect (unless
; busypattern is set explicitly). The possible values are:
;   us (default)
;   ca (alias for 'us')
;   cr (Costa Rica)
;   br (Brazil, alias for 'cr')
;   uk
;
; This feature can also easily detect false hangups. The symptoms of this is
; being disconnected in the middle of a call for no reason.
;
;callprogress=yes
;progzone=uk

Obviously far from ideal, and at least, where I am, unworkable due to the
way that all the telcos have got into providing musical ringing...

The only real solution is to go digital...