[asterisk-users] Using centos and kickstart to build a minimum installation

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Tue Jan 20 14:58:59 CST 2009

Using centos 5.2,

I want to use a kickstart file to select packages in order to have an
unattended install onto a bare-metal server.

Is there any way of finding out which packages I need to compile, build
and run asterisk ?

I generally want to build all modules in asterisk and the wct4xxp zaptel module

I want to be able to not select any groups in the kickstart file, but
only select individual packages so as to minimise the footprint and
installation time  ;)

Anyone done anything similar before that would care to share ?

Julian