[asterisk-users] IAX IP Phone

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Mon Jan 19 11:58:17 CST 2009

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, Joseph wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, bilal ghayyad wrote:
>
>> Hi All;
>>
>> Anyone knows an IAX IP Phone works fine and tested?
>>
>> Does polycom support IAX IP Phone?
>>
>> Regards
>> Bilal
>
> How about IAX2 adapter from digium?
> I've been uing it and it works very well.

Wow, that has NOT been my experience, though it has been a few years
(2005) since I used them.  The ones I purchased were first of all
expensive.  They overheated and froze up often.  Only a single port.  No
dual ethernet option.  Provisioning is a PITA.  Codec support was minimal.
I thought at the time that being IAX I wouldn't have to worry about NAT
issues and that was worth the extra difficulties, but I have been using
Linksys PAP2Ts ever since and never looked back.  And it has been over a
year since I had any NAT issue to deal with, though have now installed
them in hundreds of different configurations.

Perhaps these things have been rectified since...