[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 T38 to G711 transcoding is this possible?

Steve Gladden asterisk at michiganbroadband.com
Sat Jan 17 10:51:30 CST 2009

The scenario we have is fax send/recieve software that ONLY talks T38
and an asterisk box.

We have ITSP providers that do NOT talk T38 but G711 only.

Does asterisk have the capability to take the T38 call from an ATA
or T38 software then bridge/transcode it and do G711 out to the PSTN
providers?

If not is there another product PAID or FREE software or hardware that can
do this easily and reliably?

Thanks very much!

Steve Gladden

believed to be clean.