[asterisk-users] CDR Rewrite -- Questions to the users

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 06:04:11 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:

> Only if the dial plan actually gets enough information to set the
> accountcode, which at least historically wasn't the case for Asterisk.
> In 1.2.x, you couldn't in the dialplan tell if a call went A->B or
> A->C(SIP redirect)->B. BLINDXFER didn't get set correctly in all
> cases.
>
> The alternative is to use the built-in accountcode from sip.conf; I
> haven't verified how well that actually works. It won't work if you
> need to distinguish two different phones behind a SIP trunk, but I
> don't think anything can, so we can forget about that case.

I've always set the accountcode directly in the dialplan using
SetAccountCode and now the newer CDR function. I to encountered
occassional problems relying on Asterisk picking up the accountcode
from configuration files or a realtime database. We changed our
approach to doing a FastAGI call to get the accountcode, the FastAGI
call provides the channel name from which the authenticated username
and then accountcode can be looked up.

As for blind transfers I've always seen the accountcode on the
transferred call leg set to that of the call that initiated it. If you
wanted it the other way around you do have the option of breaking back
into the dialplan when a blind transfer occurs by using the
TRANSFER_CONTEXT. At the moment depending on which Asterisk version
you are using that won't completely solve the problem since the CDRs
produced when transfers occur are all wrong and differently wrong in
the different Asterisk versions.

Regards,

Greyman.