[asterisk-users] Portech MV-378 with Asterisk

Pascal Bruno tipascal at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 23:39:04 CST 2009

Marco,

The configs work fine for me.  I can receive calls with no problem.  Now,
were you able to dial using the sim card?  I cant figure out how I can do it
since asterisk doesnt have a channel to place call through the portech
gateway.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Pascal Bruno <tipascal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you!, I will try that in a few hours and let you know what happens.
>

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Marco Signorini <marcotasto at libero.it>wrote:
>

>> Pascal Bruno wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your reply!
>>
>> Can you tell me what you have in your Portech configuration settings
>> (Mobile to Lan Settings; Sip Proxy settings etc...)  My sip.conf file is
>> pretty similar to yours but still cant register.
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 3:47 AM, Marco Signorini <marcotasto at libero.it>wrote:
>>
>>> Emmanuel Pascal Bruno wrote:
>>>
>>>  Has anyone been able to configure portech's mv-378 gateway with
>>> asterisk?
>>>
>>> I did the configuration as per the manual but it does not work.
>>>
>>> My server sees the portech gateway, but when the gateway is trying to
>>> register to my server it fails.  It says peer is not suppose to register.
>>>
>>> The gateway and the asterisk box are on two different location (two
>>> network, 2 differrent IP address).
>>>
>>> I would appreciate any kind of tutorial or advice on how to make it work.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> Hi,
>>> I've an installation working with Portech MV-370. I'm supposing it's
>>> quite similar to what you have. If it could be useful to you, this is my
>>> sip.conf configuration file.
>>>
>>> [GSMGtw1]
>>> type=friend
>>> context=from-gsm
>>> host=dynamic                    ; we have a DHCP assigned address
>>> secret=reallyverysecret
>>> nat=no                          ; there is not NAT between phone and
>>> Asterisk
>>> canreinvite=no
>>> dtmfmode=INFO
>>> insecure=invite                 ; required to overcome authentication
>>> problems in incoming calls
>>> call-limit=1                       ; permit only 1 outgoing call at a
>>> time
>>> disallow=all
>>> allow=ulaw
>>> allow=alaw