[asterisk-users] Broadcast Phone system (for radio)

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at opsys.com
Thu Jan 15 20:28:17 CST 2009

Ah, But Asterisk if not your "Generic PBX"!!!!!

You could do a few things.

For each show, (I take it that this is talk radio) You can set up a queue()
for each air studio.  Callers would then be greeted with a custom greeting
that would be unique for each air studio.

How you interface with your console (sound board, not phone) would be up to
you, you could either have the calls go into a phone patch our you could
even use a PC with a Softphone and take the Input and output of its sound
card and interface it into your board. (Ground loops and interference
notwithstanding)

As far as 'Hold music', you have several options:

1	You can use sound files (mp3, gsm, wav, etc.) and have that as your
hold music either global (one message for all stations, and admin offices)
or you could always get a sound card and 'feed' each air studios program
into the queue for the respective air studio call in queue (sound cards have
two channels, telephony until now is mono).

I don't know much about your current setup, so I was pretty general and
conservative on my suggestions but it is defiantly doable and I have done it
before for a corporate call in show.  Work very well and quality was
excellent from caller to broadcast.

If you have any questions you call reach me directly.

Alex Lopez