[asterisk-users] How to transfer a call from one Asterisk Server to another

Paul bulkmail at monafamily.com
Thu Jan 15 17:15:16 CST 2009

Can anyone tell me how I can completely move an established call off of one
Asterisk server to another?

In our case we have a server with our IVR.  Depending upon digits entered,
the call can be transferred to any of our other servers depending where the
extension or queue reside.
We would like to completely move the call off of the first box so we don't
tie up resources on it.

In our lab we are testing with 1.4.22.1

Our provider which delivers inbound calls to us uses a Sonus gateway.   So
far, testing has shown that if we transfer the inbound call prior to any
media playback, it works.  But, if the IVR plays media, then it is failing,
with a 500 internal server error being returned.

Thanks for any help