[asterisk-users] how to debug mime-construct with fax2mail?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:12:28 CST 2009

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>>> Have you tried your system stuff under "su - asterisk"?  Once it works that
>>> way, the system() command will work.
>> asterisk is running as root, I run the command at the terminal as root.
>
> I am guessing he doesn't even have an asterisk user.

Well I do have an asterisk user, and once spent a weekend trying to run
asterisk as asterisk user.

But I don't see what this has to do with my problem. The System() cmd
works: I can see the log from fax2mail showing it was called, and called
with the arguments I expected. So System() did it's thing.

What I can't figure what is why fax2mail really works from the command
line, but fails to effectively call mime-construct when called from
System().

I was hoping someone who has used mime-construct could show me how to
debug it.

It may be a permissions problem, but since both run as root it seems
unlikely. In any event, being able to debug mime-construct would allow
me to figure it out.

sean