[asterisk-users] IAX Java Softphone?

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 03:18:45 CST 2009

On 15 Jan 2009, at 07:30, Wolfgang Pichler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> thanks Tim and Mexuar for releasing this here...
>
> I have already taken the source - and compiled a little java applet
> which is self signed to test the whole thing.

That was quick :-)

> I will put it on my site (and allow users to enter
> host/user/pass/Calling Number,Calling Name,Number to dial...) for demo
> usage....
>
> I would be happy to get some feedback about problems - because i am
> interessted to integrate it in my callcenter project
>
> Tim - can you tell me which audio features it does have - as far as i
> can see there is alaw and gsm - is there also an echo canceller -
> jitter
> buffer ?

I don't think the GSM codec is actually in there, from memory it does
ULAW/ALaw and Slin
There is a jitterbuffer of sorts.
I never managed to get the echo canceller to work, although the code
for it is
in the codebase.

> I will post it here as soon as i have the page up ...

If you plan to do significant work on it, please could you put it on
sourceforge
so others can chip in ? (That's kinda the point of GPLing it)

Tim.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk