[asterisk-users] 0800 UK number

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 11:30:25 CST 2009

Danny Nicholas wrote:
> Why are you using a text message when you could be recording a message and
> sending it out?  This would possibly be clearer than a "read-and-callback"
> scenario?

Do you think so?
Remembering that most people, if they pick up the phone to hear a
recorded message will immediately hang up without listening to it, then
there's the few that will listen and not get it or understand, either
because they have answered their phone in a crowded room expecting a
real person to be on the end or because a lot of the time you don't hear
a recorded message the first time you listen to it (even if you're
expecting it to be recorded).

I think a text message is a much more elegant way (presumably relayed
though an SMSC so that sending the message to all users doesn't take a
day to do).