[asterisk-users] chan_sip on non-standard port 5062 - contact has no port

Sun Jan 11 08:21:50 CST 2009

Yes, I configure it to _listen_ on port 5062 and the Asterisk should registring _that_ address on the Registrar.
So it should register
 <sip:ext at ip:port>
not
 <sip:ext at ip> (which is <sip:ext at ip:5060>

And it is doing that not only on registers, but also on INVITEs. Follwoing RFC3261, in-dialog messages are sent to the adjacent contact - but if that's wrong in the first place, the server (btw: what do you mean with server?) can't do anything. It would have been told to send it to the wrong port.

Following that, I would have also configured him to _listen_ on IPx, so it must not send some other IP in the contact :-)

Br
Walter