[asterisk-users] Lenny. Where to find zaptel patches

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sat Jan 10 08:32:06 CST 2009

2009/1/10 Benoit <maverick at maverick.eu.org>

> Olivier a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > While issuing make, I've got:
> >   CC [M]  /usr/src/zaptel-1.4.11~dfsg/kernel/zaptel-base.o
> > /usr/src/zaptel-1.4.11~dfsg/kernel/zaptel-base.c: In function
> > âzt_registerâ:
> > /usr/src/zaptel-1.4.11~dfsg/kernel/zaptel-base.c:5230: error: implicit
> > declaration of function âclass_device_createâ
> >
> > My system is Lenny and before getting this error, I successfully did :
> >
> > apt-get source libpri zaptel asterisk
> > cd /usr/src/libpri-1.4.3
> > make && make install
> > cd ../zaptel-1.4.11~dfsg
> > ./configure
> >
> > It seems to come from class_device deprecation in linux 2.6.26 (see:
> > http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12944), but as Lenny is
> > 2.6.26-based this zaptel-1.4.11~dfsg is the latest in Lenny repo, I'm
> > wondering what the others are doing to avoid this.
> >
> > Am I missing a step here after downloading zaptel ?
> Well, Zaptel-1.4.11 is quite old and deprecated, so if you plan to get
> support here i would urge you to get the latest DAHDI and Asterisk release
> If you wan't to use debian released package, you can
>       1/ make a bug report at the correct location: bugs.debian.org
>       2/ or use the stable debian release

Yes, I agree with you :
as I wanted to quickly get an OSLEC-bristuffed Asterisk running (and was
kindly given a patch for that), I used this "apt-get source zaptel" cmd for
the first time.
I'm still very surprised to get those compilation errors (as I hoped that
the benefit of using Debian rather old versions is be to be kept away from
those errors).

I agree such issue would be more useful in debian mailing list, but before
opening a report, I wanted to check here if I missed something obvious.

Thanks for helping

As for me i use latest asterisk/dahdi on a stable debian/etch release