[asterisk-users] Spurious hangups on Sangoma A102d, Trixbox 2.6.1

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Fri Jan 9 15:57:57 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Jeff LaCoursiere <jeff at jeff.net> wrote:

> [also posted on Trixbox trunk forum]
>
> I am also working with Sangoma directly to debug this, but so far no real
> luck. TrixBox 2.6.1, A102d card with V33 firmware (latest) and WANPIPE
> 3.2.6 (3.2.7 is out, but nothing has changed that would affect this
> problem). The system gets about 200 calls inbound on the trunk, which is
> not very heavily used, and of those calls one or two a day is randomly
> terminated in the middle of a call. Other than this problem everything is
> working fine. All phones are Polycom IP501 with latest firmware as of a
> year ago...
>
> There is only one ethernet switch (Linksys 100/1000 managed) between the
> phones and the Trixbox, and the runs are less than 50 feet. Calls
> extension to extension seem to have no issue at all. The network *is*
> shared data/voice with no QOS and no virtual segments, but if the network
> was the issue I would expect to see extension to extension calls report
> this issue, which they have not.  This is actually a hotel, and the data
> portion of the traffic isn't heavily used either.  They don't even have a
> file server.
>
> I have the "full" logging enabled, and here is an excerpt of a call that
> was terminated. You can see the conversation lasted about forty seconds
> before it was hungup.

<snipped>

> Does this trace look normal? Several macros seem to be exiting with
> non-zero status, but that seems after the fact... the call had already
> been determined to be hungup. I'm kind of at my wits end with this
> problem. I don't know if I should blame the Sangoma card or the phone
> company (which is extremely hard to work with - this being the Virgin
> Islands!), and it is kind of expensive to go buy an alternate card just to
> test this.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thanks!

It looks normal to me.  I think two dropped calls a day is reasonable
and I would start looking for commonalities.

On a busy cell phone day, my Motorola RIZR drops more than two calls a
day.  Maybe that is the what is going on with your system.

Other than that, I have fought with this same issue on a MUCH larger
scale, and never found a solution, even looking at intense pri span
debugs, having the telco "watch" the circuit, and plenty of SIP debugs
and nothing out of the ordinary, just hang ups.

Percentage wise, my issue was along the same lines as yours but we
were taking over 15 thousand calls a day and agents on commission are
very verbal about dropped calls.

I did start recording and reviewing the complaints, and some were
obviously just not interested and hung up, some were obviously cell
phones, and some were truly calls dropped in mid word.

I am afraid that FreePBX verbose is going to be no help at all.  Try
turning off verbose, turn on intense pri debugging and SIP debugging.
Wireshark too.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro