[asterisk-users] Not Dialing 9

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Thu Jan 8 21:22:59 CST 2009

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Brent Vrieze wrote:

> Thczv F. Thczv wrote:

[snip]

>> and not
>> have to use a timeout when dialing long distance.

[snip]

> I think you are over thinking this.  We set our Asterisk server up with
> multiple outgoing dial rules to handle local and long distance.  Keep in
> mind that we are connected to SIP provider that takes care of some of
> this for us.

[snip excellent explanation of pattern matching]

The key quote above is "and not have to use a timeout when dialing long
distance".  Sure Asterisk (and thus Trixbox) can match your pattern once
you have sent it on, but that assumes that the phone must wait the
inter-digit timeout before sending a three digit extension that MIGHT be
the start of dialing a long distance number.

I have done the same thing, and no I don't think you are missing anything
for your home setup.

Cheers,