[asterisk-users] How to use AMD "Answering Machine Detect" ?

Daniel Varella dvarella at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 08:59:09 CST 2009

Hi everybody,

   Happy New Year !

   I'm trying to detect if a call was answered by a machine (linke
voicemail systems) or a human.
   I would like to use AMD (Answering Machine Detect) command, but
with my configuration it was not possible get there.

   Follow my dialplan:

     exten => _[789].,1,NoCDR
     exten => _[789].,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@111,60)
     exten => _[789].,n,AMD
     exten => _[789].,n,NoOp(AMD Status is: ${AMDSTATUS})
     exten => _[789].,n,Hangup

   What is happening is when the call is answered by the other part,
Asterisk doesn't go to the next level (exten => _[789].,n,AMD). So AMD
can't verify the call.

How can I do this ? Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

--

Daniel Varella de Oliveira
Consultor de T.I.

Linux Professional Certified
LPI000143643

Information Technology Infrastructure Library - ITIL Certified
EXIN - 944759