[asterisk-users] connecting 66 analog phones to asterisk - hardware suggestions

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 22:57:52 CST 2009

Hi all,

thanks for the excellent information about the banks and usb banks.

some tech details will prevent us from using usb units. The trunks will be
500 feet away from the new location of the ip-pbx so we have decided to go
with channel banks for the trunks and sending the E1 signal over cat 5 (E1
signal can travel un-repeated over 5000 feet)
So far we are reading/evaluating about rhino channel banks and a quad E1/T1
(pci-e) on the asterisk box.

thanks again!!!!