[asterisk-users] connecting 66 analog phones to asterisk - hardware suggestions

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Feb 11 23:37:53 CST 2009

I go with what I know is solid, Adit or Adtran channel banks and T1
ports.  I personally like Adtran but that is just preference.

The Xorcom device is USB correct?  I just have a personal block on
putting anything mission critical on a USB port or hub.  I would have
to lab it up and really test it before feeling comfortable.  That
being said, I do not here people complaining or even really asking
questions and I know the devices are out there, so maybe it is time to
check it out.

Citel was a total flop for trying to replace a Definty G3.  Nothing
but problems, loud pops, screeching, hissing, dropped calls.  Citel
tech support was one step up from SwitchVox if you have a "real"
problem that doesn't fit in a script, downright hostile.  Once bitten,
twice shy, but then again, it was replacing a digital PBX, not analog
and that was many years ago (Citel, not SwitchVox.  SwitchVox was good
many years ago....)

I had great success with Quintum Tenor AX boxen but that is almost
certainly overkill for your application.  They are basically high
density ATAs with more features than you can believe.  Great for
configuring and shipping to a remote location.

Just my experience and thoughts.

Thanks,
Steve T