[asterisk-users] Problems with Outbound Calls

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Fri Feb 27 05:28:28 CST 2009

> Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
> line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'
> We then Chmodded everything under /dev/zap/ , rebooted and almost fell off our chairs when it worked!
By right, if the problem is due to this error, you should see a permission error message in /var/log/asterisk/messages.
What it means is the directory permissions might be wrong somewhere in the beginning.
This may not be related to your original warning.
Warning [2630]: config.c:768 process_text_line: Unknown Directive at line 231 of /etc/asterisk/../zaptel.conf

>We were initially on the impression that Zaptel is only used with Analogue
> – can anyone verify this?
No, it is responsible for PRI channels as well.

Hey, thanks for the help David, Tzafrir.

Lots of config tips there ☺

We managed to find a fix through the following (For anyone who’s interested):

Running /sbin/ztcfg –vv to configure Zaptel initially resulted in an error of:

Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

We then Chmodded everything under /dev/zap/ , rebooted and almost fell off our chairs when it worked!

We were initially on the impression that Zaptel is only used with Analogue – can anyone verify this?

YK