[asterisk-users] Problems with Outbound Calls

Wye-khe Kwok Wye-khe.Kwok at biosjp.com
Fri Feb 27 04:12:41 CST 2009

Hey, thanks for the help David, Tzafrir.

Lots of config tips there :-)

We managed to find a fix through the following (For anyone who's
interested):

Running /sbin/ztcfg -vv to configure Zaptel initially resulted in an
error of:

Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf

line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

We then Chmodded everything under /dev/zap/ , rebooted and almost fell
off our chairs when it worked!

We were initially on the impression that Zaptel is only used with
Analogue - can anyone verify this?

YK