[asterisk-users] ATA recommendation (wih FTP provisioning)

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Thu Feb 26 15:25:28 CST 2009

>Actually you want to use the one with -N/A at the end.

Thanks for the correction.  My memory failed me.  But definitely I want people to know that not every PAP2T is useful to them so they don't get burned.  IMO Vonage (and others) should not be locking them the way they do (and Linksys shouldn't make it possible).  I don't mind them providing autoconfiguration, as many of their customers would be lost otherwise, but blocking factory reset and other tricks they play is IMO morally wrong, particularly since the customer paid for the ATA.

Wilton