[asterisk-users] HP DL380 G5 with TE420

Hans Konings hans at konings.nu
Thu Feb 26 04:25:06 CST 2009

Hi

I'm having problems getting the TE420 working in HP DL380G5 servers.

The cards don't seem to be detected 100% by the BIOS. With two cards in the
server they are never detected.

things I've tried:

1 Update firmware to latest (P56) for the server
2 change irq settings
3 disable all onboard devices on server and remove raid controller
4 different cards in different slots

What I mean by not detected is that in the HP utility SMBIOS you can read
out the status of the pci-express slot and it says slot available also lspci
does not list the card.
Every so often the card is detected and works properly.

I've tried with a different server (HPdl320g5p) and the card is detected in
this but the cards generate NMI errors on many bootups.

Does anybody have this combination of hardware working? Or can anybody think
of something I've missed?

Rgds
Hans