[asterisk-users] Managing the spiralling costs

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 21:35:05 CST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Vikas <topgun9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. When people call in on the 800 number take the local number they
> are calling from and then call them back from our unlimited outgoing
> account from broadvoice.

I would recommend IVR-ing this as an option, on the premise that
"there is a slight wait right now, would you prefer to have us call
you back when we're ready to help you?" That removes the diplomatic
issue of "hanging up on a caller", and puts it in their hands.

What are your callers doing with their talk time? If you don't know,
it's too early to force that on them as the only choice. If it's
mostly sitting on hold, give them a button out of the hold to leave a
voicemail or a callback number.