[asterisk-users] Please help test the gender detection module at 575-613-4392

Asterisk Asterisk nt_asterisk at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 12:01:24 CST 2009

Tzafrir- Again, very good points. See my responses below.

>What does this have to do with using 'Asterisk Asterisk' instead of
>'Justin Newman'?

I was sick of all the junk mail in my old accounts and working with digest mode was a pain, so I quickly created a new yahoo.com account a few days ago. I was just concerned with creating a new account at that time, so I quickly put in "Asterisk Asterisk". However, I just went and updated the name and signature. Hope this helps and the fame will follow!

>Have those been deployed already?

I deployed a few small changes as planned and I'll finish the bulk of it this weekend.

>Where can I find it, then?

Honestly, I just wrote the app and was asking folks to test to see if it was even worthwhile at this point. It's working pretty well and I can see that there is interest, so I'll get it posted soon. I have always released my gpl modules in the past, so I'm not sure why this is a concern. Plus, I'd hope that any posting works well enough before pushing a whole lot of noise on to the wiki and source sites.

>This code is NOT included with Asterisk at this point, however it is

Yes, I do prefer to release add-ons. Asterisk seems pretty bulky to me and I prefer the alternative to Digium's disclaimer.

>SourceForge, GoogleCode or whatever. Having the programs available under
>version control means a lot to others. All three provide a simple wiki
>for your documentation (the latter two have some more advanced options).

I'll add it to sourceforge and my site, along with some others. It is already in cvs. I'll post the documentation on voip-info.org like I have done in the past. My source packages in the past two years also include much better documentation and a cleaner build system. If you want to help with any of this posting or management, you'll help would be a breath of fresh air. I'm usually very busy writing code or doing business, which an get in the way.

>Furthermore, your Voip-Info user page comes up high when searching for
>'Justin Newman asterisk'. Why not put there some more useful details?

There are quite a few Justin Newman's now. I used to think my name was not common. A quick search will reveal some interesting stories. One Justin Newman was killed in Chicago so that another man could fake his death. I was once pulled over in Washington for speeding down I-5 in my bimmer and the officer asked if I had a warrant out for my arrest due to name likeness. There are also several of us Justin Newman's in the VOIP world.

Anyhow, I hope some of my efforts above benefit the community. Feel free to catch me on IM.

---
Justin Newman
Sr Software Engineer
Envy Software LLC