[asterisk-users] Setting SIP header on agent calls made by a queue

Lenz Emilitri lenz.loway at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 05:01:21 CST 2009

Hello Klaus,

thanks for your input; I was in fact able to determine that if you have
queue members like

member => SIP/201
the SIP header will actually go through; while on members like
member => Agent/101
member => Local/203 at agents
the header will NOT be propagated. But inheritable channel variables do, so
I was able to do:
exten => 411,1,Answer
exten => 411,2,Set(__MASTERID=${UNIQUEID})
exten => 411,3,Queue(test)

and then define
[agents]
exten => _2XX,1,SipAddHeader(X-Master-ID: ${MASTERID})
exten => _2XX,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}|300|m)

and this works fine with either Local and Agentcallback channels, thus
covering all bases.
Thanks a lot for your help!
l.

--