[asterisk-users] Busy status of a snom connected to two asterisk servers?

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Thu Feb 19 08:58:13 CST 2009

Rajkumar S schrieb:
> I have a snom 360 connected to two asterisk servers(both 1.6.0.5), via
> two identities.  Each asterisk server runs a queue and snom is a
> member of queue in both servers. Currently when snom is receiving call
> from one asterisk server, it can still receive a call from the other
> asterisk, because even though the snom is "busy" attending call from
> one asterisk the other server does not know this.
>
> Is there any way to share the actual busy status of snom to both
> asterisk server so that when snom is receiving a call from one server
> the other will see a busy status and will wait to become free before
> connecting the call?

Easy solution: Disable call waiting on the phone.

Advanced solution: Use local channels as queue members and Custom
hints. You could build a mechanism (outside of Asterisk) to "sync"
the states of your Custom hints between both servers.

    Philipp Kempgen
--
AMOOCON 2009, May 4-5, Rostock / Germany   ->  http://www.amoocon.de
Asterisk: http://the-asterisk-book.com - http://das-asterisk-buch.de