[asterisk-users] AGI pdf book

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Feb 18 18:28:22 CST 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> The AGI is also applicable for (at least) PHP and C+.

An AGI (or more accurately, an executable conforming to the AGI
specification) can be written in any language -- Fortran, assembly, shell
script, BLISS (if you wanted to "fastagi" over to a VAX running VMS) -- I
can't think of a "language" you couldn't use :)

My personal preference is C because of speed, flexibility, speed, small
footprint, and speed. Oh, and I know it "best."

Thanks in advance,