[asterisk-users] Understand SIP REFER

Wed Feb 18 17:08:02 CST 2009

Hi!

I have some problems understanding the concept of REFER in Asterisk 1.4.23.

I have the following scenario:

Incoming SIP call (incoming leg) from a SIP trunk into Asterisk (handled
in context fromTrunk), forwarded to the SIP Client (outgoing leg).

Now, the SIP Client sends a REFER request (unattended transfer) to
another extension. This terminates the outgoing leg and the incoming leg
continues dialplan processing in the context of the SIP client
(fromSipClient).

Processing in the client's context is IMO fine, but the problem is that
the channel is the incoming channel from the trunk. So the fromSipClient
is processed by the trunk channel. This in my case does not work as it
expects to have certain variables set (setvar in sip.conf) - but these
variables are not present as the new extension is executed by the
trunk's channel.

I it possible to execute the second call setup completely in the SIP
clients settings (e.g. loading the clients setvar options)?

regards
klaus