[asterisk-users] Asterisk on the Cloud With a Click - pre-built Asterisk Amazon EC2 instance

Eric Chamberlain eric at rf.com
Wed Feb 18 15:18:15 CST 2009

Asterisk-users,

Our two-part tutorial explaining how to use VoIP and Asterisk in
Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) has garnered quite a bit of
attention. But due to the time required to complete the many steps
needed to get up and running, some of you have asked if it is possible
to create a much simpler to install “pre-built” Asterisk EC2 “instance.”

In short, yes it is. And we’ve done just that for you.

With the power of the cloud, it’s not necessary have to wait days or
hours for servers to be rebuilt. We don’t even need to start with a
server that has nothing more than an operating system on it. Someone
(Voxillans) can do all the grunt work: building, compiling, installing
software; then share the complete server with others (you). Amazon
calls this sharing Amazon Machine Images (AMIs).

Now you have two choices, you can either build the Asterisk server
yourself, or you can use Voxilla’s pre-built image to eliminate a lot
of the heavy lifting.

Learn more at http://voxilla.com/2009/02/18/asterisk-on-the-cloud-with-a-click-1405

--
Eric Chamberlain, Founder