[asterisk-users] life safety system and VOIP

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Tue Feb 17 16:25:14 CST 2009

In Florida some new subdivision developers have sold the
phone/cable/internet rights to a provider. They run fiber to each house
and then have the uplink to provider which isn't a traditional telco.
You can't get another provider as satellite dishes are limited in
covenants and restrictions (CCR). I guess you could get GSM or CDMA
service from cell provider or WiMax/LTE.  It provides an upfront funding
to developer for sewer/water costs.  I'd be curios what battery life
they have.

I know the FCC mandated cell towers have more battery life after
Hurricane Katrina wiped out communications in New Orleans for months.