[asterisk-users] Question regarding custom announcements in queues.conf

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue Feb 17 12:43:54 CST 2009

Christopher Aloi wrote:
> Here's the version -
>
> Asterisk SVN-branch-1.4-r143404
>
> Just static queues.
>
> Is it true that Asterisk looks in the default /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/
> dir for these queue announce files?  So my custom file should live in
> that dir right?
>
> Thanks for the help :)

Yes, if an absolute path is not provided for the sounds, then it is assumed that
the default sounds directory is where the sound may be found.

I just tried a small test on that revision of 1.4, and it worked for me. In my
case, I was simply playing the "beep" sound file which already exists in the
sounds directory.

Mark Michelson