[asterisk-users] Asterisk CLI problem if run from /etc/inittab

Jim Boykin boykinjim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 09:28:40 CST 2009

Hi,

We are having a strange issue. If we run asterisk from /etc/inittab
and then connect using asterisk -r, we don't see any logs coming in
CLI. However logs are properly reported to /var/log/asterisk/messages
and system is working fine. Now, if we run from command line (asterisk
-f) and then usie asterisk -r, we properly see logs in CLI. This is
bit strange and not able to solve this problem. Can someone help.

We use CentOS 5.2
#vi /etc/inittab
..
ast:3:respawn:/myast/sbin/asterisk -f