[asterisk-users] PRI Test Lab

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 09:11:36 CST 2009

On 2/13/09, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> Matt Florell wrote:
>
>  > If you want to be able to set Master timing you will have to use
>  > Sangoma cards, they allow you force the timing in the wanrouter
>  > configuration. I have done extensive testing with crossover T1/E1/PRIs
>

> I don't believe this is true; we use Digium cards connected back-to-back
>  to each other, with one providing the span timing (clock) all the time.
>  This is a very common configuration and works fine.
>
>  To set a Zaptel/DAHDI card to provide span timing, just set all the
>  spans on it to 'zero' as the priority for timing source; when none of
>  the span clocks are the timing source, the onboard clock on the card
>  will be the timing source.

Can you tell me where the setting is to force Master timing on Digium
cards per port? I really didn't think Digium cards had the ability to
force Master in this way. I've tried to do it with channelbanks before
and couldn't force it to master, whereas I can get it to work with
Sangoma.

Thanks,

MATT---