[asterisk-users] CISCO 2950 -> 4 connections -> Cap of 512 Kbps -> How to bond ?

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Fri Feb 13 08:12:52 CST 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Vikas wrote:

> In my opinion the only strategy that has a high probability of success is:
>
>> Get a Cisco with five ethernet ports.  Use one for your connection to asterisk.  Use the other four as your connection to the ISP, and MUX them.
>
> Can you please point me to some resource on how to MUX ?

[snip]

Actually that was a bit tongue-in-cheek as I didn't think it was a serious
option due to cost.  Also I don't think you can properly MUX these lines
without a similarly configured Cisco on the other side.

How about BigIP?  They make multi-upstream load balancer products.  Again
very pricy, but I think it is exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.f5.com/solutions/availability/link-load-balancing/