[asterisk-users] PRI Test Lab

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Fri Feb 13 08:00:09 CST 2009

Lee Wilson wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I would like to start testing/playing with PRI channels but I don't have access to a PRI line.  Is it possible to do the equivilent of a crossover between two PRI Cards (say Digium's TE120P)?
>
> What I was thinking is that I could set one asterisk box up with a PRI card set as the TE and provide clocking and another box exactly the same but with the card setup as NT.
>
> I think I would also need to wire up the correct type of crossover as a standard ethernet crossover would not work or would it?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Lee

Since you have gotten plenty of responses on this I thought I'd throw
out another option. If you just want to play with how a PRI connection
behaves without all the hardware investment, you can emulate a PRI over
TDMOE. I did it a while back just to see how calls were passed back and
forth and how result codes were set. Everything is configured the same
in asterisk, you just use a dynamic span instead of a physical one. You
will still need one side to have a timing source (I did get mine to work
with just ztdummy).

-Dave