[asterisk-users] CISCO 2950 -> 4 connections -> Cap of 512 Kbps -> How to bond ?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Feb 13 03:17:37 CST 2009

This discussion is not making any sense to me.

Just what type of access product is this?

If you have fiber to the premise and are handed Ethernet from there to a
Cisco switch, it is some sort of Metro Ethernet or NMLI (Native Mode LAN
Interconnection) type product.  It could also be framed over mid-band gear
over copper at some point in the circuit design and they could be fibbing
you on the fiber to the premise bit;  the "fiber" involved may actually be
a remote terminal or mux somewhere in the vicinity.  Either way, if you
have media converter CPE on your premises, this is an Ethernet product.

If that's so, there's no "512 kbps line."  There is no xDSL.  And there is
no incentive whatsoever to sell copper circuits as Ethernet transport is
usually more expensive and high-margin product.

Do you have a routed IP interface on your side?  If so, what equipment is
it on?  It's not the switch, as the switch is Layer 2.