[asterisk-users] CISCO 2950 -> 4 connections -> Cap of 512 Kbps -> How to bond ?

Vikas topgun9 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 01:56:57 CST 2009

In my opinion the only strategy that has a high probability of success is:

> Get a Cisco with five ethernet ports.  Use one for your connection to asterisk.  Use the other four as your connection to the ISP, and MUX them.

Can you please point me to some resource on how to MUX ?

All the other suggestions have a very low probability of success since:

> As someone who works for an ISP, the best advice I can give you is to tell
> them where to go (*after* fully setting up and testing a new ISP that is).

In this town in Asia this is the only ISP that would work given the
requirements of low latency to the VOIP server on the west coast and
their ability to keep the connection up.

> Call your phone company and compare the price of getting a T1 versus what these clowns are charging you.

Each 512Kbps of upload costs $40 but a T1 to handle 20 calls will cost
much more then $160 a month.

And to answer a question that was asked:

> The copper to your location only handles 512kpbs per pair, so they add
> an extra modem every time they open a new port?

The ISP said that they ran a fiber optic wire to a media box at our
office and from there there is a RJ45 to the switch. They bring no new
equipment to our premises each time we provison a new port. Hence this
upload speed limitation is not due to the copper wire.

Any suggestions on what to do from this point on,

Thanks for your time,