[asterisk-users] CISCO 2950 -> 4 connections -> Cap of 512 Kbps -> How to bond ?

Michael michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Thu Feb 12 17:53:30 CST 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:41:51 Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> Get a Cisco with five ethernet ports.  Use one for your connection to
> asterisk.  Use the other four as your connection to the ISP, and MUX them.
>
> Great way to spend 5K :)

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Vikas wrote:
> > I have asked the ISP to rate limit a single port to 2M but my requests
> > have got me no where,
> >
> > I would really appreciate any suggestions on what I can do at my end
> > since I have given up hope of the ISP co-operating with me,

As someone who works for an ISP, the best advice I can give you is to tell
them where to go (*after* fully setting up and testing a new ISP that is).

With the economies of the world tighter then usual at present, and ISP's a
plenty, I can only suggest they are idiots or for some reason they don't want
your business....

Michael