[asterisk-users] connecting 66 analog phones to asterisk - hardware suggestions

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:13:28 CST 2009

I use channel banks.
I like the Adit 600s. For your configuration you'd need 2 Adit 600
with 9 FXS cards and 3 T1 ports in the Asterisk box.
One side advantage is that you can mount the Adit 600 right next to
your cat3 wiring, then just use an existing cat3 to the Asterisk box.
I have seen lots of older buildings where the data stuff (servers,
switches etc.) are no where close to the Voice (cat3 wiring, PBX etc.)
and no cat5s between those 2 areas.

Also the Adit 600 is carrier grade equipment.