[asterisk-users] connecting 66 analog phones to asterisk - hardware suggestions

Heath Roberts htroberts at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:28:46 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Erick Perez <eaperezh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am looking to connect 66 analog phones to an asterisk box.

> other hardware suggestions for this task will be nice.

Citel makes a box:
http://www.citel.com/Products/Portico.asp

If you're converting from Definity, Norstar, p-phone (Nortel Centrex),
Meridian, or NEC, a google search found them for under $500 (for 24
ports):
http://www.neobits.com/digital_handset_converters_s263.html

I've not used the Citel product, but have heard good things about them.

Depending on what it is, you could also just leave the existing switch
in place and connect with a PRI interface--let your PBX think the
asterisk box is the telco.
--
Heath Roberts
htroberts at gmail.com