[asterisk-users] Aastra phone crashes with Asterisk 1.6

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Tue Feb 10 16:11:53 CST 2009

	I upgraded my office server from 1.4.22 to 1.6.0.5 on the weekend and
after some testing there seems to be a compatibility problem when using
Aastra phones.  With 1.6.0.5 all incoming calls to all Aastra phones
were dropped after a minute or so.  I installed 1.6.1-rc1 and now the
newer Aastra phones (5xi) work properly.  The problem remains with the
older phones (9112i, 9133i and 480i).  If I dial any of those phones the
call will drop after a minute or so and the phone will crash.  After a
reboot the phone is back up.  If you dial from the phone you can talk as
long as you want, only inbound calls have the problem.

	I have the latest firmware for all phones.  What changes to SIP may
cause this in Asterisk 1.6?  Is there a way to be compatible with 1.4?

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001